About the Workshop
The Workshop is a 6-day training that involves plenary sessions, group work, and individual consultation with trainers. During this intensive training participants get a better understanding of the technical, financial, and creative aspects of post-production with a focus on the challenges of the international co-production environment, leading up to a detailed post-production plan, schedule and budget for each project. The workshop is conducted in English.
This workshop is organized in collaboration with APostLab and will be the 11 th edition of the its annual Post-Production Workshop that will take place online in January 2021. To align the regular 6-day program with the Covid-19 measures, the upcoming workshop will take place online over a period of three weekends, including an optional live meeting event in Maastricht (The Netherlands) on the following dates:
- Online weekend #1: Fri, 8th – Sat, 9th January, 2021
- Online weekend #2: Fri, 15th – Sat, 16th January, 2021
- Meeting event Maastricht: Fri, 22th – Sat, 23th January, 2021
Online training format
As a response to the Covid-19 pandemic, the workshop is transformed into an online training with the aim of creating a training experience that is more than just a long list of Zoom calls or webinars spread over several weekends.
Instead of the usual two, participants will be assigned into three smaller groups, sessions will be shorter, more breaks will be scheduled, and the workshop is spread over additional days to stay within acceptable limits of screen time.
There will be a Virtual Coffee Machine and more training time will be spent on coaching and one-on-one time between the participants & the trainers/coaches to keep the interactivity at the highest possible level.
The Workshop is open for
- producers with an internationally co-produced feature film or TV-series in the stage of development, financing or pre-production.
- post-production supervisors working independently or with a post facility / at a film producer’s office.
The maximum number of participants is 32.
Participants will be assigned into three groups, each of which will be moderated by two group leaders, a producer and a post-production supervisor. The group leaders of the Workshop are:
- Antoine Simkine, producer, Les Films d`Antoine (France)
- Ewa Puszczyńska, producer, Extreme Emotions (Poland)
- Roshanak Behesht Nedjad, producer, In Good Company (Germany)
- Niko Remus, freelance post-production supervisor (Germany)
- Neeltje van der Heijden, freelance post-production supervisor (The Netherlands)
- Thomas Lüdemann, post-production supervisor, Netflix (Germany)
With the support of the Netherlands Film Fund, a maximum of 12 Dutch participants are automatically eligible for a partial fee waiver and will therefore pay a reduced fee of 300 EUR + VAT. Since the fee is already sponsored by the Netherlands Film Fund, participants are not eligible for additional financial aid from this fund.